Support us, spread the word
Our Blogging Partner
- “Be My Valentine – 1 Billion Rising” by Lalita Raman
- Economics Journal: What Price for Women’s Rights? by Rupa Subramanya
- “I am writing in my story to show that there is hope if we are just courageous enough to reach for it.” by Indian Homemaker
- Kerala Sex Scandals: Stolen girls of God’s Own Country by Ramlath Kavil
- India’s great sickness by Samar Halarnkar.
A big thank you to…A special thanks to Sara Jamil of Jam Designs, for our lovely logo and banner. http://jamdesigns.wordpress.com/ For the time, the thought and the effort she put into working with us on something that fit our brief and worked with our design sensibility.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As I’m writing this in the wee hours of the morning, before the crack of dawn, Valentine’s Day is slowly but surely rolling out. The Valentine Day fever or retail mania has started off a week to 10 days back … Continue reading
A TV channel wants to get in touch with victims and survivors of Marital Rape and nonconsensual sex (like in this post). Please email me if you, or someone you know might be interested. Anonymous participants are also welcome. Read … Continue reading
“The wedding should basically be in the big palaces of Rajasthan and the reception in a beach house with gowns and all.” This was how a young Indian lady articulated her wedding dreams on Satyamev Jayate, the new television talk … Continue reading
1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/oct/09/office-harassment-things-really-changed Is office harassment really a thing of the past? The Jimmy Savile revelations have prompted accounts of sexual harassment at work during the 70s and 80s. So have things really changed? 2. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/10/pubs-clubs-closed-rape-crackdown Pubs and clubs to face closure in … Continue reading
CHANDIGARH: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes on Tuesday slammed the Haryana Police for its shoddy probe into the gangrape of a dalit girl at Dabra village in Hisar district on September 9. The panel said that it would recommend … Continue reading
Sakha, why did you come to my swaymvar, When you had no intentions of marrying me? Our eyes met surrounded by the lusty gaze of Princes. (Was I the prize their manhood waited for deservingly?) Blue-skinned with honey eyes; you … Continue reading
Watch the video here.
… However, one is tempted to ask, whatever happened to Tomar’s daughter – the little girl who after being born just silently fades away from the script as well as our memory? We see fleeting glimpses of the adolescent girl, … Continue reading
1. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/keeping-women-safe-is-everyones-responsibility-20121002-26wru.html – Global News Keeping women safe is everyone’s responsibility On Sunday, 30,000 men and women rallied in Melbourne in a public display of solidarity in their sorrow over Jill Meagher’s death and to express their disgust about violence against women. … Continue reading
Between 25 November and 10 December 2010, Prajnya organised the 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence in Chennai, for the third successive year. What we tried to do, how we think we fared • This year we wanted to spotlight … Continue reading