Domestic Violence. Words that make many shudder.
I cannot comprehend how one can abuse another physically and emotionally unless they are mentally unstable, have lost their reasoning and cannot differentiate right from wrong.
But it is a form of violence that is terrifyingly rampant. Every other person is a victim of abuse. It can happen to any unfortunate soul who embarks on a relationship filled with hope, love and dreams, who at the end of the day gets the short hand of the stick (to put it mildly). Who, if lucky to have eluded death, comes out victimized and scarred for life. Whose dignity, worth, respect is stolen, whose very sense of being is shaken. Forever.
Support us, spread the word
Our Blogging Partner
- “Be My Valentine – 1 Billion Rising” by Lalita Raman
- Economics Journal: What Price for Women’s Rights? by Rupa Subramanya
- “I am writing in my story to show that there is hope if we are just courageous enough to reach for it.” by Indian Homemaker
- Kerala Sex Scandals: Stolen girls of God’s Own Country by Ramlath Kavil
- India’s great sickness by Samar Halarnkar.
A big thank you to…A special thanks to Sara Jamil of Jam Designs, for our lovely logo and banner. http://jamdesigns.wordpress.com/ For the time, the thought and the effort she put into working with us on something that fit our brief and worked with our design sensibility.