So I remember one day at lunch, the topic came up about how an actress ended up slapping some guy who accidentally bumped into her at a temple. She apologized for the misunderstanding, but the verdict of my lunch table was unwavering: you women think all men are trying to get into your pants. Dude bumped into her, and she slapped him? Talk about overreacting.
I was the only woman at the table, and I was silent.
Well. The silence ends now.
Support us, spread the word
Our Blogging Partner
- “Be My Valentine – 1 Billion Rising” by Lalita Raman
- Economics Journal: What Price for Women’s Rights? by Rupa Subramanya
- “I am writing in my story to show that there is hope if we are just courageous enough to reach for it.” by Indian Homemaker
- Kerala Sex Scandals: Stolen girls of God’s Own Country by Ramlath Kavil
- India’s great sickness by Samar Halarnkar.
A big thank you to…A special thanks to Sara Jamil of Jam Designs, for our lovely logo and banner. http://jamdesigns.wordpress.com/ For the time, the thought and the effort she put into working with us on something that fit our brief and worked with our design sensibility.