Old women took wife in a corner and were telling her why do you argue, why cannot you just do what they ask you, this way you could have avoided all this. What was the use?
Few men cornered the husband and told him to calm down, why were you beating her, you would have killed her etc.
After some time, everything quieted down and everybody returned to their homes.
Over the years, I saw and heard same things. All of this was beyond my comprehension
Support us, spread the word
Our Blogging Partner
- “Be My Valentine – 1 Billion Rising” by Lalita Raman
- Economics Journal: What Price for Women’s Rights? by Rupa Subramanya
- “I am writing in my story to show that there is hope if we are just courageous enough to reach for it.” by Indian Homemaker
- Kerala Sex Scandals: Stolen girls of God’s Own Country by Ramlath Kavil
- India’s great sickness by Samar Halarnkar.
A big thank you to…A special thanks to Sara Jamil of Jam Designs, for our lovely logo and banner. http://jamdesigns.wordpress.com/ For the time, the thought and the effort she put into working with us on something that fit our brief and worked with our design sensibility.