Innocent, starry eyed, having just celebrated her 21st bday, P, like every other girl had big dreams, and all she wanted to do upon graduating from B.Com was to get married. Not just that, she dreamt that she will find a guy who is romantic, sweet, caring and take care of her like her family did.About 2 months after our graduation, her father’s business took a toll and he lost a lot of money. They were literally living hand to mouth, which is when P decided to work [she was smart and good in Finance & Accounts]. She landed a good job with a leading Bank and took over the role of bread earner at home.
Support us, spread the word
Our Blogging Partner
- “Be My Valentine – 1 Billion Rising” by Lalita Raman
- Economics Journal: What Price for Women’s Rights? by Rupa Subramanya
- “I am writing in my story to show that there is hope if we are just courageous enough to reach for it.” by Indian Homemaker
- Kerala Sex Scandals: Stolen girls of God’s Own Country by Ramlath Kavil
- India’s great sickness by Samar Halarnkar.
A big thank you to…A special thanks to Sara Jamil of Jam Designs, for our lovely logo and banner. http://jamdesigns.wordpress.com/ For the time, the thought and the effort she put into working with us on something that fit our brief and worked with our design sensibility.